Who can apply for a test?
You can ask for a test:
- For yourself, if you have coronavirus symptoms now (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- For someone you live with, if they have coronavirus symptoms.
The tests are not suitable for children under 5 years old.
If you're asking for a test for someone else and the person is aged 13 or over, check they're happy for you to ask for a test for them.
When to apply for a test?
You need to get the test done in the first 5 days of having symptoms. It’s best to apply for the test in the first 3 days as it may take 1 or 2 days to arrange.
Will i get a test?
There is a very high demand for tests at the moment.
People in hospital and essential workers including NHS and social care staff are getting priority.
You might not get a test if you apply - it depends how many tests are available in your area.
Please follow this link to apply - Apply for a Coronavirus test
Apply for a coronavirus test on GOV.UK if you:
- Are an essential worker, including NHS or social care staff
- Are applying for residents or stafff in a care home
- Have a verification code from your employer