COVID-19 vaccination and blood clotting
For information regarding the COVID-19 vaccination and blood clotting please follow this link and read the publication from the Gov.uk website.
The following groups will be contacted in this order of priority:
1. residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
2. all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
3. all those 75 years of age and over
4. all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals (More information about shielding patients below)
5. all those 65 years of age and over
6. all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality and carers of those who are at risk if their Carer falls ill. (More information of these underlying health conditions below)
7. all those 60 years of age and over
8. all those 55 years of age and over
9. all those 50 years of age and over
4. Clinically extremely vulnerable (shielding patients)
Patients who are considered extremely clinically vulnerable have been advised to ‘shield’ for much of the pandemic. Many individuals who are clinically extremely vulnerable will have some degree of immunosuppression or be immunocompromised and may not respond as well to the vaccine. Therefore, those who are clinically extremely vulnerable should continue to follow government advice on reducing their risk of infection.
6. People aged 16-64 with underlying health conditions